Today I was facing a little problem which was driving me a little bit crazy 😉
I had the Notes Section added to a form and it was not displaying Activities!
After hitting the keyboard with my head for almost 15 minutes, I decided to went online and check Bing to see if it happened to more people.
Luckily I found this post by Mark Margolis from last October and it solved the problem in some entities, both custom and out of the box:
Thank you very much Mark for it, I absolutely recommend your blog, not only it has very useful stuff but also you always find the time to keep it updated and with really interesting articles! Great Work 😉
The thing is that as I said, it almost solve the problem, because there were 2 entities that were still not displaying the activities, after some more digging I found the problem, there is an option on each Form XML called Form Presentation, on those entities that were failing I found it set as 0, the moment I changed it to 1 and reimported the solution the activities appeared!!
So let’s go for a step by step:
- Put the Entities in a separate solution, only the entities otherwise the customizations.xml will be too big.
- Export the solution as unmanaged.
- Extract the Customizations.xml and open it with good old notepad, or any other text editor.
Locate the FormXML for the form you need:
- Change the Form Presentation from 0 to 1
- Copy back the Customizations.xml into the solution.zip
- Import it again.
- Problem solved!!
Hope it helps!